Once you have determined that your elderly loved one needs assistance, it is important to honor their wish to remain happy and independent in their own home. But for your own peace of mind, you need to know that they are completely safe and cared for in all situations.
Where to Start: Our Initial In-Home Care Interview
Even when you are close to a senior family member, it can be difficult to know their specific needs. And in some cases, they might be apprehensive to mention their more personal needs.
The complimentary, initial in-home care interview with a Senior Helpers consultant can help you survey your options. Together you can discuss your loved one's needs and our services to determine what is best for your entire family. We will cover:
- Your family's specific goals
- Your loved one's daily plan design and schedule
- Pricing and payment methods
- Implementation process
- Ongoing communication and follow-up plan
Our companion care line of services offers daily companionship and assistance with daily living activities. If your loved one is living alone and your visits are limited, social interaction becomes very important to their happiness and helps prevent feelings of isolation and depression. Whether they need a little fun or maybe just help keeping house and running errands, we have you covered with home care activities such as:
- Caring companionship and conversation
- Help with hobbies (scrapbooking, games, gardening, sports, news)
- General shopping and errands
- Transportation to appointments
- Help with housekeeping (laundry and ironing, vacuuming and dusting, meal preparation, washing dishes, caring for pets and plants)
Our personal care line of services helps your loved ones with more intimate, non-medical care needs. Whether it is for normal aging challenges, hospital recovery or sickness, we are here to make everyday life easier and more manageable. Our experienced caregivers are specifically trained to handle these tasks and our care managers will be closely involved to conduct periodic assessments to survey your loved one's care.
- Personal hygiene assistance
- Medication reminders
- Diet monitoring and meal planning
- Walking assistance
Senior Helpers Southern Utah proudly serves communities in and around Southern Utah
Apple Valley, Beaver, Cedar City, Dammeron Valley, Diamond Valley, Hurricane, Ivins, Kanab, La Verkin, Leeds, New Harmony, Panguitch, Pine Valley, Saint George, Santa Clara, Toquerville, Veyo, Washington, Winchester Hills